1/23/2015

hat for sale












Happy New Year!
I've been knitting up a storm this winter. 
A vest, a hat, and now I'm knitting socks. 

The hat is up for grabs if anyone is interested. It is made with super soft yarn consisting of 70% undyed merino wool and 30% undyed alpaca fiber. Unfortunately it makes my forehead itch as the skin on my face is so sensitive, yet holding it in my hands doesn't bother me one bit. Thought I'd see if anyone here would be interested in it.

I'm asking $35. That includes domestic shipping within the U.S. I'm happy to ship to other countries for a little extra. :-D

Email me at mlchamlee AT gmail DOT com if interested!





6 comments:

  1. nice knitting! sounds as though you are really going strong. i'm currently in the midst of the tahki tabard and another pair of socks for fritz. things slowed down over the holidays but now the needles are back on course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias !

      this "vest" that i speak of is that sweater i started knitting in November. i wasn't satisfied with how the sleeves looked when it was all done so i took the sleeves off and picked up and knit ribbing around the armholes to make it a vest.

      i've thought about your projects as i've been knitting mine and wondered how they were advancing. i understand the ebb and flow. i'll email you soon and i hope you'll send me photos!

      Delete
  2. When I buy wool I always test it on my cheek, if it's itchy I leave it.
    Lovely hat, impeccably knitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even holding it up to my face it feels nice. It's a few minutes of wearing that my forehead itches just a bit but it's not insufferable and I'll still wear it if no one wants it. I think I just need to stick to cashmere for winter hats! -- lucky me :-D

      I love those dolls and accessories you've made!

      Delete
  3. so beautiful, so tempting. . . :)
    but i'm like you, it starts after a few minutes. it happens with scarves and sweaters too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks xenia. . . :-)
      it is an unfortunate trait to be negatively sensitive to anything beautiful!

      Delete